21.3.10

It's time for some creative writing...

Last thursday in german class out teacher told us we have to write a 350 words text letter style addressed to the mother of the main character of a famous german short story called "Die Küchenuhr" (you can watch a short movie based on it here English version) which is kind of drepressing, it's located in the germany post world war so you can imagine...

Here is what I've writen but the english version cos I suck at german and it will take me still a few hours to translate it :P

Liebe Mutter,

I miss you. Since you are not here with me, life is not the same. I do not sleep anymore, because the kitchen clock always reminds me of our last time together, It makes me think that soon, you will be coming to the kitchen and start telling me stories like you always did. But this time was different, it was 2:30 and you never came. Suddenly you were gone to never come back.

Today I met some other people. I thought I was the only one. It was thanks to the clock, they were curious about it. I explained to them that it is my last reminder of a better time, of a paradise on earth. They were not convinced but it does not even matter anymore, because you are not here, and that paradise disappeared. Now it is hard to believe it ever existed.

Everything has changed. I wish it had not but what can I do about it? Nothing. I suppose all that is left now is waiting and hoping for something good to come. But how can something good come from this? So much destruction and death…no, it has to be the end, which is the only reasonable explanation. I do not want to think about it, I can not, because it does not make sense.

But I still miss you. And the clock with its blue numbers reminds me of you. It will always be 2:30 for me, always. I never know what time it is in reality but 2:30 is as good as any other time right? I never do anything, just wander around and sit down in this bench. I can not remember the last time I ate, but I do not feel hungry. How could I? It is so disturbingly quiet that it scares me. Everything is dead.

I wish you were here, It would be better. I would not feel so alone.

Herzliche Grüße
Deine Sohn

2 comments:

Aída said...

Es preciosa!! *_* Dios... cómo puedes poner eso en alemán... Vas a tener que enseñarme, cosita.

Un abrazo!

Unknown said...

Gracias...aunque estaba sin acabar.
Me llevo tres dias y un monton de diccionario :/ urgh nunca mas! jaja

Besos!!